Work at Camp!
Criteria For Summer Camp Workers
1) Must be at least 17 years of age and have completed the 11th grade for MIX and a minimum of 18 years of age for ReMix. Maximum ages are determined on a case by case basis.
2) Your conversion experience and growing testimony (what God is doing in your life now) will play an important role in the selection process of this year’s applicants.
3) Good references
4) Consistent current involvement in a local church
5) Worship Arts ability and aptitude necessary for re(MIX) but not a necessity for MIX and MIX6.
6) Previous experience in working with children and/or youth is a plus
7) Previous experience as a camper and/or camp worker is a plus
8) Applicants preparing for vocational ministry will be strongly considered
9) Evaluations from the camp director, classroom coordinator, and head counselor concerning the previous year’s performance will influence the selection
10) You’ll be required to fill out a short questionnaire.
Criteria For Summer Camp Photographers
- Arrive at Shocco on Sunday, July 10 at 2:00 PM
- After training you will have until Monday night to get the slide show ready. It will be a fast and furious time to get all campus represented and all camp videos for each night.
- We need all pictures and videos for our promotion for the next year. We will supply you with a flash drive to give us at the end of camp.
- All video presentations are high-energy, funny, and fun!
- Use photos and video snippets in a 3-4 minute video with the song(s) in the background for each camp.
- Try to get as many kids in the videos as possible. Some kids are so photogenic that we want to focus on them, but try to capture every kid if possible!
- Thursday night ((MIX)) and (((MIX)))6 share time: compilation of all videos of the 2 camps, no more than 5 minutes long – we have parents at this time.
- Friday morning share time: compilation of all videos of all 3 camps; 5 minutes or 3 videos, 2 minutes each.
- Promotions: Need good, high-energy photos of both camps and devotion pictures (think of how you can use your footage to make a video to promote next year’s camp!)
- For Monday, July 11, all three camps are together for fun time at 7:45 PM. This is where the slide show will happen. Need:
“Welcome to Camp” video/slides (3-6 mins) on Monday night
Must include all faculty of both camps (2 pictures – good and funny)
(((MIX))) Classroom Teams
(((MIX))) Camp Workers
(((MIX))) Worship Team
(((MIX)))6 Classroom Team
re(((MIX))) Camp Workers
re(((MIX))) Worship Team
High energy video of (((MIX))) and (((MIX)))6 kids at the beginning of the 6:50 fun time (chapel)
High energy video of re(((MIX))) kids at 8:00 worship time (chapel)